Sunday, June 20, 2010

"Game 7 Goes To JoshFarc!"







Lakers WIN Game 7 over the Boston Celtics in the 2010 NBA Finals.

I've wanted to say this........... well..... ALL MY LIFE! Plus that picture is priceless. The true transformation of "Pau 'mushy' Gasol" into "Pau 'The Rock' Gasol".  That's like going from a Zach Randolph 20/10 to a KG in his prime 20/10.  Woooohoooo! And back to the game.  This is sort of like our blog(2 brains); this is half-blog/article and half rant.  Enjoy....

My God, what a HORRIBLE game of offensive basketball we were blessed with.  Was that Game 1 of the Pistons Finals from 1989?  These refs are so ridiculous from game to game it makes me crazy... and happy.  I love when refs let the damn players decide the outcome of the game and battle it out.  Sure, it was an ugly game, but we got to see blood before fouls, and of course saw Pau Gasol finally adapt to KG's taunting and make a clutch post-up hook, followed by Pau running back with that KG look and evil stare full of not just competition, but "I OWN YOU" eyes.  

There's not a whole lot to say that I'm sure you haven't read. The objective articles will discuss how Sheed starting and Perkins out was an offensive blessing in disguise, and it actually could of been... though we did spot Scalabrine. I'm sure Perkins would of helped on the rebounding aspect of things, but Sheed also had a good offensive night in his spot. Now I am still not sure who's the "better team" but when you have the Black Mamba and Pau in the last 2 minutes of the game, well, it can make you the better team.  End result:  theory holds strong still.  Pau and Kobe for a three-peat next year, but against the Bron.  You'll see.  That Orlando team last season wasn't a bad team, just not a contender.  This Boston team was as good as the Lakers, and that's what makes an NBA Finals.

Thank you to the Los Angeles Lakers for making my viewing season a blast, and for every game at Staples I attended being a hard fought battle (*Minus Game 2 of Finals).  I love the NBA and will watch it no matter what, so having my favorite team (Lakers.. till the Sonics are resurrected) take the ship in 7 against the Celtics, a team I don't dislike, but a team that represents many things that I dislike, including it's go-to guy.  You guys know who I am talking about.  The one that game back in a wheelchair after spraining his ankle a bit.  :D  Leading to my last rant:

RONRON!  I also thank your doctors and psychiatrist.  You were clutch in game 7 with those 20 points, but even more importantly you held Pierce to 18.0 ppg, 3.0 apg, and 5.3 rpg on 43% shooting in 40mpg for Pierce.  Easily Pierce's worse series in years......  and to think, I was wondering if having Ariza instead of Ronny would of been better.  Shame on me.


By the way, that guy on the Lakers who won his second NBA Finals MVP trophy, your nearly 30ppg this series were hard to get, though truly show that you are one of the top dawgs.  Now people are already saying this makes him a top Laker, or people can now compare him to Jordan, but I still don't know.  Nobody does.  It's all subjective thinking.  While I'd still take Magic as my Laker, i think the Kobe/Jordan comparisons have been there for a year now.  As long as people remember that Scottie Pippen was a 21ppg, 7apg, 8rpg, 2spg, 2bpg guy that lead the Bulls to the finals that first year Jordan 1st retired.  Scottie Pippen was basically a Lebron James... but version one.  Lebron is version 2, so he scores a little bit more efficiently and has a bit more strength.... or a lot more strength.  MJ always had nice pieces around him too.  Horace Grant never became an All-Star or anything......  Bill Cartwright was never  a solid center or anything...... and so it goes.

LA Lakers:  You guys are amazing.  I no longer want to trade Sasha this off-season, haha, but you never know.  Our Starting 5 has been amazing, along with 6th man Lamar Odom and then Farmar, and sometimes Brown off the bench.  Had a damn blast this season.  I'm expecting another!

AND ONCE AND FOR ALL I CAN SIT, CONTENT, KNOWING THE LAKERS ARE THE BEST NBA TEAM.  

Now.... if only Phil can grow one more finger... on each side... then he can retire happily.


pS:  Happy Fathers Day.  I had fun watching the games with you old man! That DVD will be a part of your collection soon.

No comments: