Monday, June 14, 2010

"Brand Spanking New - Lakers/Celtics Gm.5"


That's right!  The day has finally come where I have decided to upgrade my amateurish blog to something a little more polished, and a little more substantial.  Not only will you be hearing my crazy thoughts of the conspiracy theory going on with the referees right now (yea, that's right, I said it!), but my pal Zander (who refs, plays ball, watches it and analyzes it as frenetically and accurately/objective as myself) will be lending part of his brain to us here.  Thanks Zander.  Now remember guys... he's from Portland.  Just because I happen to love Brandon Roy doesn't mean the next article on him will be done by me!

I'm putting money on it that he's got more voice, humor, and wit in his writing, and this should result in a nice flowing blog all about the NBA.  He's the only one I respect enough to have write on my blog (and yes, he likes to make stupid/funny posts like me as well), but trust me when I say "Zander knows his ****".

Speaking of the devil, I had bet him smaller amounts of money on many of the series.  I thought I was on a roll, calling Boston over Cleveland when it was a 2-1 series... Cleveland winning, only to have Boston win 3 straight and take it; then add the next round and I won again with my Lakers vs Boston prediction.  Problem is, I became stupid.  "Double or nothing Zan".  That's all it takes.  Well that and Kobe playing in a game in which he looks like the only Laker.  I guess I should of just stayed betting on the Celtics, but as a Laker citizen I had to take objective analysis away and use my completely irrational mind saying "Kobe will kill them all".  Thanks irrational mind.  Can I have my $20 back??

Game 5 was just atrocious.  From start to finish.  Take away Kobe and you seriously have a soft, jumpshooting, under 40%FG team.  That's not gonna get it done.  Pau had a bad game finally, while Odom played great while he was in... all 25 minutes.  The guy was feeling it and you have your starting PF and C both with shaky games.  PLAY LAMAR 36+ MINUTES WHEN HE'S FEELING IT PHIL!  TRUST ME!

The referees in this league all belong in jail!  I swear on my grandfathers fresh grave, that either the refs, Kobe, Artest, Phil-Jax, or could it possibly be the NBA higher ups that lead to Stern.  Nothing can hurt a company in debt(NBA) more than a 7 game, epic series between the biggest sports rivalry known to man: Lakers vs. Celtics.  It doesn't get much better than that.  Too bad the refs are the most inconsistent refs we've ever seen.  At one point you think they are calling it really loose as guys bang inside and get knocked around with no fouls called.  A second later you get a touch foul call off the ball for "sort of...almost touching your opponent".  Hah.

I'm not sitting here saying the refs lost the game, because the Lakers lost this game badly all by themselves.  I'm saying the reffing has been trash BOTH ways, for both teams, and it can be really hard to play the game, especially defensively, when the refs are literally bi-polar.

Game 6:  Please, Oh Please, Wherever You Are, RonRon Is Coming To Save The Day In LA!

No comments: